All rentals are based on a 24-hour period, except Saturday and Sunday. Please observe our hours of operation for opening and closing times on weekends.
A one-day rental picked up on Tuesday at 5:00 PM has to be returned by Wednesday at 5:00 PM. However; a one-day rental picked up on Friday at 5:00 PM has to be returned by Saturday at 2:00 PM (Saturday closing time).
Renter agrees by his signature on the face hereof that he has read and is aware of the following terms and conditions concerning the use of the vehicle and accepts full responsibility, herein. This contract is the entire agreement between the renter and the owner. It is agreed that these terms are contractual and cannot be altered by another document or oral agreement. The owner makes no warranties, express or implied. The renter authorizes the owner to verify through credit agencies or other sources, personal and credit information provided by the renter. Time is of the essence of this agreement, as
used herein “CAR” means an automobile, van, or truck, and “OWNER” means owner or owner’s, representative.
1. Ownership, condition of the car, a term of the contract, use of or operation of the vehicle, renter acknowledges the vehicle is the property of the owner, although the registered title may be in a third party, and acknowledges renter received the car in good physical and mechanical condition.
2. Renter agrees to return the car to the owner in the same condition as received, on the return date stated on the reverse or upon demand of the owner. Ordinary wear and tear accepted.
3. Renter agrees not to use the car for transportation of persons or property for hire, nor carry passengers in excess of the number of seat belts provided by the manufacturer, nor carry passengers if a truck or cargo van is rented, nor remove the seats from the vehicle if it is a passenger van, nor use in violation of any law ordinance or regulation governing the use or return thereof, nor remove from the state of rental without the written consent of power.
4. Renter expressly agrees to the following and to pay to owner on demand.
(A) The mileage charge computed at the rate specified on the reverse for miles traveled by car during the period of the rental.
(B) Service and time charges at the rate specified on reverse plus other charges if applicable even if a billing or statement is sent to any other company, individual, or insurance organization. Service charges may include a surcharge which represents a portion of expenses the owner incurs in the rental of each car. Those charges are calculated as a percentage of mileage, time, and drop charges; if the reverse of the agreement indicates ‘Calendar Day”, any fraction of the calendar day shall be charged as a full day.
(C) The value of tires, tools, and accessories lost, stolen, or damaged from the vehicle.
(D) One hundred dollars ($100.00) or not less than one dollar ($1.00) per hour whichever is greater, in addition to all other charges the car is in possession of the renter if the odometer is disconnected or tampered with.
(E) Any fine or legal violation and/or parking tickets against the car, driver, or owner during this contract.
(F) A five percent (5%) per month carrying charge on all charges not paid within thirty (30) days after the end of the rental.
(G) One hundred dollars ($100.00) or fifty cents (.50) per mile whichever is greater, if the car is not returned to the original rental office without the written consent of the owner.
(H) All expenses incurred by the owner in the collection of monies due to the owner per this agreement or in regaining possession of the car or in enforcing any term or condition of this agreement, including attorney’s fees and costs.
(I) Damage to a rented car if a damage waiver is not purchased or does not apply.
5. Damage to the rented car: The renter is responsible for and agrees to pay the owner the fair market value for replacing and/or repairing damage to the rented vehicle, including loss of use, claims administration fees, diminishment of value, towing,
storage and impound fees, and costs incurred by the owner to recover the car and to establish damages regardless of fault or negligence of the renter or any person, and regardless if damages are the result of an act of God.
5A. If the owner offers and the renter agrees to pay an additional fee for the damage waiver with a $1000 deductible, as indicated and signed on the rental agreement, the owner agrees to waive claims against the renter other than the deductible and any/all exclusions. A violation of any provision of this agreement invalidates the damage waiver. If a violation exists, the damage waiver is voided and the renter agrees to present a claim to his insurance agent/carrier for all losses and damages which are the renter’s responsibility. Damage waiver does not apply, if a car is stolen or if the renter/driver fails to or refuses to make a report of damages to police or other lawful authorities, or to cover tire chain damages.
- Moving/Box truck rentals: The customer/Renter is absolutely responsible for all overhead and side damage to the box. The clearance is 12ft. No coverages apply. A damage waiver does not apply.
6. INSURANCE: The renter warrants that the renter has an automobile insurance policy in force at the time of rental which shall remain in force while the vehicle is on rental. Renter policy shall provide full coverage and limits of liability at least equal to the liability coverage and limits of liability required of the operator to satisfy any applicable compulsory or financial responsibility law. The renter policy for automobile liability insurance shall be the primary coverage. The vehicle is covered by an automobile liability insurance policy. A copy of which is available for inspection at the main office of the
owner. When required by law said policy shall provide coverage and limits of liability at least equal to any applicable compulsory or financial responsibility law and shall not exceed any applicable compulsory or financial responsibility law. Insurance provided by the owner is excess over any other collectible insurance, whether primary, excess, or contingent. If the renter's other available insurance (whether primary, excess, or contingent) is less than the applicable compulsory or financial responsibility law limits, the renter is insured only for the amount by which the compulsory or financial responsibility law limits exceed the limits of the renter's other insurance. The owner's policy shall not apply.
1) To any obligation for which the renter or any driver of the vehicle or the employer either or any insurance carrier may be held liable under any workmen compensation or disability benefits or similar law.
2) To any obligation assumed by the renter or any driver under any expressed or implied contract.
(3) To any liability of the renter or any driver, or any employer or either, arising while the vehicle is being used in violation of any of the limitations set forth in this agreement.
(4) Unless otherwise required by law, to injury, or death of the renter or any guest or passenger of the renter while riding lighting from or getting into or on the vehicle.
(5) To loss or damage to the vehicle while on rental, whether or not due to renter fault.
(6) To the theft of the vehicle. Renter agrees to comply with and to be bound by all the terms, conditions, limitations, and restrictions of said policy which are hereby incorporated by reference herein and made a part of this rental agreement as fully as if set forth at length including those terms, conditions, limitations, and restrictions of which no specific mention is made herein.
6A. Supplemental Liability insurance (SLI): If accepted, SLI protects you against claims made by a third party for bodily injury and/or property damage sustained as a result of an accident while you are operating a rental vehicle. This coverage is excess over your personal auto insurance and may duplicate coverage already available to you under your personal auto insurance policy, homeowner's insurance policy, personal liability insurance policy, or other coverage available to you. Maximum coverage is the difference between your personal insurance and the $1,000,000.00 combined
single limit for bodily injury and property damage. Exclusions include violations of the restrictions in the rental agreement such as unauthorized drivers. A complete copy of the policy is available for your inspection from your rental agent.
7) Accidents must be immediately reported in writing to the office where the car was rented and in any event within 24 hours after the accident. The renter or driver must immediately deliver to the office from where the vehicle was rented every process, pleading, or paper relating to any claims, suits, and proceedings. The renter and driver shall not aid any claimant but shall cooperate with the owner in all manners connected with any suits.
8) If there is evidence of a violation of any provision of this agreement, the renter agrees to indemnify the owner for all losses, damages, costs, and expenses paid or incurred by the owner resulting from the operation of the car and the renter will present a claim to renter’s insurance carrier for such losses, damages, costs, and expenses. If the renter has no insurance to
cover said losses, the renter agrees to pay the owner for all such losses.
9) Vehicle Repairs - The renter will not permit any repair or replacement of any part of the vehicle without the prior consent of the renting location. The renter agrees to pay for all such unauthorized repairs and parts.
10) Any protection referred to in this agreement is null and void in Mexico or Canada. The renter or operator must obtain written permission and purchase special insurance prior to entering MEXICO or Canada.
11) VIOLATIONS OF THE CONTRACT: A violation of the contract shall exist if the car is used or driven:
(A) In violation of any term or condition of this agreement
(B) By ANY PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 25 WITHOUT OWNER WRITTEN PERMISSION, OR BY ANYONE WHO HAS GIVEN A FICTITIOUS NAME OF FALSE AGE OR ADDRESS.
(C) For any illegal purpose, in a race, speed contests, to tow a vehicle or trailer.
(D) By any person, if there is reasonable evidence they were under the influence of NARCOTICS, INTOXICANTS, or DRUGS.
(E) By any person other than the renter without the written consent of the owner
(F) Outside the state of rental without the written consent of the owner.
(G) Under the authority of any license other than his own. Renter warrants that the license shown owner at the time the vehicle is rented is his own and fully valid.
(H) If the renter or driver leaves the car unlocked or fails to secure the keys.
(I) Other than a paved public highway, private road, or driveway.
(J) In a reckless or imprudent manner or if the car is deliberately damaged.
(K) Or if the renter misrepresents facts to the owner pertaining to the rental, use, or operation of the car.
(L) Customer/Renter understands he or she is absolutely responsible for all overhead and side damage to the box. NO COVERAGE APPLIES to any ROOF DAMAGE to any rented vehicle. The customer/Renter is absolutely responsible for all overhead, roof, and side damage to the box. The clearance is 12 ft. NO COVERAGES APPLY.
12) Upon termination of the renter's right to operate a said car by reason of a violation of any conditions herein stated renter agrees to cease using the said car to notify the owner and to pay all expenses incurred by the owner in returning the car to the place of rental and agrees any continued operation of the vehicle after a violation is an operation without the knowledge, consent or permission of the owner. The owner may notify police said the car has been stolen and the renter releases and discharges the owner from any liability and all claims of any nature arising therefrom. The owner has the right to seize without a legal process
or notice to the renter of the said car at any time or place and the renter waives all claims for damages connected with such seizure.
13) Renter indemnity provision: The renter shall defend, indemnify and hold the owner harmless from all losses, liability, damages, injuries, claims, demands, costs, and expenses connected with the possession or use of the rental car including claims of or liabilities to third parties due to abandonment, conversion concealment, or unauthorized sale of the car or confiscation of the car by the government authority, for any unlawful or improper use.
14) All charges are subject to final audit.
15) Renter authorizes the owner to submit for payment credit card vouchers if a credit card has been presented as a means of deposit or security at the time the vehicle was rented, including if any third party to whom a billing was directed refuses to make payment.
16) Power of attorney: Renter hereby grants and appoints to the owner a limited power of attorney to present insurance claims for property damage renter insurance carrier if the rented vehicle is damaged during the term of this rental agreement; and to endorse the renter name on insurance payments for charges or damages.
17) If any provision of this rental agreement is unlawful, contrary to public policy, void, or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall continue in full force and effect.